Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Special Google Search for Nokia  (View post)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

Friday, February 22, 2008
16 years ago5,123 views

Works great on my N73!

Davy Mitchell [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Works well on my N80.

This is more than a search box though. It's a full web browser with bookmarks etc. Highlights – Zoomed visual history and a mouse pointer. I am so annoyed my battery ran out as I didn't get long to try it!! Very fast too.

Mickey [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Works very well on my N95-3.

Libran Lover [PersonRank 4]

16 years ago #

I have 'Google Search' on my BlackBerry and all it does is provide a text box into which you type your search query. Hit enter and a browser window opens with search results. I admit that I've been using Google search on my BlackBerry more often since I got that little shortcut. But, Nokia's Google Search seems to be more than what is available on the BlackBerry?

alkagoel [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

pl tell anybody now what m do here for good results

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Works pretty well with my N95 8GB.

It's really cool i must say! :)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Davy Mitchell, it is only a search box. When you submit a search, it uses your phone's default web browser to make the request. The features you're describing are features built into that web browser. (Note: You'll also get charged for the data transfer too unless you have a data plan in place with your provider!)

I like how it lets you choose whether you'd rather use the mobile search or classic search results too. I use Google from my phone a lot to get conversions when I'm cooking but Google Calculate doesn't work on mobile search.

Archit T [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Works perfectly with my N95.

Really saves a lot of time. :)

julien [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

love it on the n95. thanks!

Davy Mitchell [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Thanks Tony – you are right and I am wrong :-)

I have been using the older browser on my phone not realising there is a better one there. Google found it for me!!! Yay!!

David Orban [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I am using Opera Mini, which is a much better browser than the one that comes with my E65. There should be a way to select alternative browsers for the Google Search box to open passing the url of the search results...

Until that is possible I won't use it, or when there is a 3G iPhone. Whichever comes first! :)

Rory Fynn [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Works beautifully on my N73.

Downloaded GMail and Maps which work perfectly too!

toml [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

works great on e60. Hope i can search on my phone.....

Free Lilly [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Well not working in my E90.... installed it, everything went well but no icon on the desktop.

Joku [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Works fine on E70. EXCEPT the fact that starting search requires pen-button (button with symbol of pen). And that's available only on front side keyboard (numbers), not when phone is opened with full qwerty keyboard. I maybe want to type my search with qwerty, not with that slow and ugly number keyboard.

Ofir [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

works like a magic on my N75

jb [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

e61. works great. it's basically just an application that allows you to type in a search term, and then it opens in google.

this is so simple, but so nice. before i had to connect to open the web browser, go to the google bookmark, establish a connection, and wait for the google homepage. painful.

Jez [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Awesome on the e51... wished it searched the messages and calendar entries... not just being a shortcut to an internet search engine!!

Bas [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

Works well but I don't like the fact that every time I unlock my keypad the phone shows a reminder that tells me what key to use to search.. I would like to be able to disable this 'tip'..

A screenshot can be found here..
http://bp2.blogger.com/_pcoA74Ez-Ks/R725vZYexHI/AAAAAAAAAFg/IqBVItACf7g/s1600-h/new-google-search-on-nokia-screen-shots-2.jpg

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!