Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google2Go for Windows Mobile  (View post)

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

Monday, February 25, 2008
16 years ago5,317 views

Looks like it won't work on WM devices without a touchscreen...any chance that'll change in the future? I really hope so as this looks like a great app.

Bryan Burkholder [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

It is possible. I plan to make this application Open Source as soon as I do a little cleaning up on the code and the like. I plan to add more resolutions and support both landscape/portrait modes. Also, I would like to add Windows Mobile Standard support as well (non-touchscreen devices)

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Awesome...I definitely thought something like this would be great after installing Yahoo Go! and seeing how slick it is.

16 years ago #

Well, the slick part comes later. :P

Sal [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Looks good Landscape mode on my Mogul but when I type its only doing symbols. In other words, as if I had the FN key pressed. Tried other apps and its only in this program. :(

Seth Levy [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Any chance of a Blackberry version in the future?

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Seth Levy: Not sure on the blackberry version. If i did have a blackberry, i might be more inclined to develop for that platform (hint hint).

[put at-character here]Sal: I have an HTC Apache, and have no problems with it only doing symbols. I have had other people beta test this application for me, and we have not had any problems remotely similar to that. The application uses the Internet Explorer engine, so check and make sure that your IE settings are correct.

Sal [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Bryan I fired up IE, since I mainly use Opera Mini and Opera 8.5, and the characters work fine in IE. I changed the Default Character Set to Central European from its Default Western European and still not working in Google2go.

What is yours set on??

Sal [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

and by accident i double clicked it in XP and it works. So i am sure someone will use this to keep up with the gmail at work to be sneaky...lol

Veky [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Any chance of making it work on Windows Mobile 5?

bryanburkholder [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

sorry for not replying sooner – since this hit the news, ive been pretty busy

[put at-character here]sal – i have a hard keyboard (:/). Also, nvr thought of using it as a standalone app in windows (:P)

[put at-character here]Veky – I have had reports that it does work in WM5 – you'll have to try it.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

(Update: A new version of Google2go has been released, Byran tells me...)

Veky [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I tried it. It shows the start page, but it doesn't fit on the screen, so icons are out of reach. Could you make Google logo smaller? :-)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!