Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics Data Sharing  (View post)

Hashim Warren [PersonRank 4]

Thursday, March 6, 2008
11 years ago4,333 views

How anonymous is anonymous? Let me know what a site's top keywords are and I can tell you exactly what the site is.

niel [PersonRank 1]

11 years ago #

does this mean in industry benchmarking the site that will be compare to you is an anonymous site?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

Hashim, I don't think that's an issue because they're grouping data together:

<< To be clear, we are not sharing individual data with competitors; we bucket data into industry verticals and then anonymize and aggregate the data. Once you opt in, it may take a couple weeks for the reports to populate. >>

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

They keyword is aggregation, but I wonder if the data will be relevant. Popular sites will probably disable this option.

The Coder [PersonRank 1]

11 years ago #

[Moved from "New Optional Benchmarking Feature Available in Google Analytics" – Tony]

Sorry, I searched the forum but can't find it.

Anyone else got a blank email from google with the subject "New Optional Benchmarking Feature Available in Google Analytics "?

from noreply[put at-character here]google.com
to *******[put at-character here]gmail.com,
date Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:06 PM
subject New Optional Benchmarking Feature Available in Google Analytics
mailed-by analytics.bounces.google.com
signed-by google.com

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

A blank email? Weird! Are you viewing your emails in plain text? Perhaps it was an HTML email without an alternative text part...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

Not weird, many people (just like me) have received one or two blank mail from Google some days ago. Their newsletter failed.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!