Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics Data Sharing  (View post)

Hashim Warren [PersonRank 4]

Thursday, March 6, 2008
16 years ago5,461 views

How anonymous is anonymous? Let me know what a site's top keywords are and I can tell you exactly what the site is.

niel [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

does this mean in industry benchmarking the site that will be compare to you is an anonymous site?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hashim, I don't think that's an issue because they're grouping data together:

<< To be clear, we are not sharing individual data with competitors; we bucket data into industry verticals and then anonymize and aggregate the data. Once you opt in, it may take a couple weeks for the reports to populate. >>

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

They keyword is aggregation, but I wonder if the data will be relevant. Popular sites will probably disable this option.

The Coder [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

[Moved from "New Optional Benchmarking Feature Available in Google Analytics" – Tony]

Sorry, I searched the forum but can't find it.

Anyone else got a blank email from google with the subject "New Optional Benchmarking Feature Available in Google Analytics "?

from noreply[put at-character here]google.com
to *******[put at-character here]gmail.com,
date Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:06 PM
subject New Optional Benchmarking Feature Available in Google Analytics
mailed-by analytics.bounces.google.com
signed-by google.com

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

A blank email? Weird! Are you viewing your emails in plain text? Perhaps it was an HTML email without an alternative text part...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Not weird, many people (just like me) have received one or two blank mail from Google some days ago. Their newsletter failed.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!