Google Blogoscoped

Forum

AdSense Referrals  (View post)

Jamie [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, November 5, 2005
18 years ago

Even better – Google is now paying $1 every time you refer someone to download firefox. Holy crap! Another move targetting Microsoft in a very real way.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Only if you're in the US, though – I'm in Germany, they hide the Firefox sub-tab in the Referral tab from me. Sigh.

Kevin Fox [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

I'm pretty sure it's not that 'you get their first $100' but that Google will match the first $100 they earn by also paying $100 to the referrer. The text from the adsense site says:

"When a publisher that signed up for AdSense through your referral earns their initial $100.00 and is eligible for payout, we'll credit your account with $100.00."

Jamie [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I see, Philipp. It does say in the firefox terms that the payment is up to $1 depending on the country where the user is. The whole referral tab seems like a framework. Right now it's just adsense and firefox but clearly this is going to grow. Note the vague terms and conditions pertaining to referrals.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Kevin, that's what I meant actually... I'll try to edit my post for clarity. Thanks.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!