Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Beamish and Crawford on Google

Tom Raftery [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, August 24, 2004
19 years ago

Hi all,

I have set up a Google Bomb for the term "Beamish and Crawford".

Beamish and Crawford are a brewing company in the city I live in (Cork, Ireland). Despite being quite a successful company they have let their Head Office buildings fall into an atrocious state of disrepair which reflects very badly on our city – Cork is going to be the European City of Culture for the year 2005 (see www.cork2005.ie). So I decided to try to shame them into cleaning up their buildings by Google bombing them.

I have put up a site at www.tomandpilar.net/beamish/ showing pictures of their head office buildings and giving progress on the quest to get them to improve their site.

The site is currently no. 3 on Google for the search term "Beamish and Crawford" – it is early days yet and I anticipate getting to no. 1 soon enough.

Any/all links to the site would be greatly appreciated.

Justin [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

i'm from Cork as well.

I've put a link to your site on my blog – http://linuxnotes.blogspot.com

Tom Raftery [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Cheers for that Justin – I have contacted their parent company (Scottish & Newcastle) asking for a comment and also to Miller (they are licenced to brew Miller) asking if they are happy to have their beer brewed in a brewery in such a state of dis-repair!

Hopefully we'll get some movement on this.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!