Google Blogoscoped

Forum

People Or Organizations You Never Heard Back From?  (View post)

Jason Schramm [PersonRank 5]

Saturday, November 5, 2005
18 years ago

Yes, often.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Can you give a specific example? What did you send, and to whom? Support emails? Praise? Big corporations only? Smaller ones? Would you write them again? Do you stop buying their products? :)

bob [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

you must be talking about me, I get around 200 junk emails a day, I probably just have not gotten to your email yet. Give me another year and I will answer your email.

John [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

yes...it happened to me as well.

I wrote to yahoo support..it took about two weeks to reply my mail. Even worst, I didnt get any reply from them. :(

But for Google support..they reply me one or two days. :)

Eric Cranston [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

Freakin google support does dumb stuff to me. For instance...about a month or two after Gmail first came out, there was this glitch where your inbox said it was 1 terabyte for about a day. So I had several people spam me with large attachments to see if it would go over 1gb and it did. Only then the next morning I was locked out, I assume a glitch in which it was like "wait there's too much in there...what do I do" stupid programs. Anyways so I emailed google and I got a form reply saying that they forwarded it to the proper team or whatnot. FInally like a month later I was able to get in, but never any non-form reponse from google.

In general I've never had good experience with any tech support ever

Jason Schramm [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

I actually haven't had problems with support from small or large companies. My webhost always responds quickly and fixes problems (RealWebHost.net). Besides them I don't generally look for support; I fix problems on my own.

I did have a problem with my external harddrive enclosure from GalaxyMetalGear.com and they responded quickly, but then they were supposed to call me and they never did. And then they stopped responding. But I reformatted my drive, reinstalled everything, and then the external drive worked. Must have been a USB 2.0 driver issue.

I have contacted individual people and not received responses. Recently I talked with someone about redesigning his website, and then he never responded to my email.

Yes, I have one [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Yeah, like 99% of companies' HR departments. Somehow they don't even have the courtesy to acknowledge the RECEIPT of my frickin' resume. Would it kill them to at least have an autoreply:

"Thanks for your interest! We'll let you know within [x] days if we think there's a match..."

Also, Gevalia never wrote me back after I slammed them for spamming me repeatedly.

J. J. [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Funny you asked. I ran into a problem with Yahoo! last week that I still haven't gotten a reply to. It's sparked another Flickr/Yahoo debate, too: http://zepfanman.com/archives/000100.php (see particularly the Flickr Central thread).

Joey [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi, Real Web Host here, I thought we did send you a quote on your website desig, if not I am sorry for our company not getting back to you.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!