Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Backup your iGoogle pg

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, March 20, 2008
16 years ago4,983 views

Troubleshooting / Restore

Restore your iGoogle page to the last backup (Mar 19, 2008 9:16pm)

Manually backup your iGoogle page

-see these when you click the edit function of any page.

Ken Wong [PersonRank 5]

16 years ago #

screenshots? thanks! i can't see this.

Ken Wong [PersonRank 5]

16 years ago #

Oh! i think i find it now, thanks!

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Brinke, Where are you seeing this? I don't see that option anywhere.

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

At the bottom of the "edit this tab" (not an iGoogle gadget, an iGoogle tab)

16 years ago #

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/brinkeguthrie/Untitled-19.jpg

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I'm not seeing this (Firefox 3b4, Win XP / Firefox 2.0.0.12 Win 98 SE)

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Interestingly, the 4 columned layout still only works if you had it set on the old "Edit this Tab" page, otherwise you can't select it – as monitors become wider it makes sense to allow this option, or a custom number of columns with variable widths.

16 years ago #

I now see this feature. It must have been rolling out to certain accounts first.

16 years ago #

I think they've been fixing some things with iGoogle (which by now everyone knows I am an ardent supporter of.)

Problem I had was, it seemed I could not add more modules. I have 11 tabs, each with at least 15 or so modules. Couldn't add any more, so I was in the frustrating position of, if I saw something I liked better, to add it, something had to go.

Now I can add as much as I like! I was also not able to change themes- now I can.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yeah, iGoogle has been a mixed bag, but overall the benefits have been worth it. What I found weird recently is issues with some of the top themes. The "Live Planet-Northern Hemisphere" theme has been messed up since it came out as the image was often static. The author said he tried to submit a fix but Google is taking forever to apply it, so in the meantime he released a theme manager gadget that let you uncheck the cached option. But that gadget has its own bugs like occasionally setting the theme to none:
http://www.google.com/ig/directory?hl=en&type=themes&url=www.daylightmap.com/theme/live_planet_n.xml

Then the Earth-light theme shows a preview using an orange-red color, but a bunch of people started complaining in the comments that it has suddenly become purple and the thumbnail is now misleading. No response from the author on that one:
http://www.google.com/ig/directory?hl=en&type=themes&url=themeapi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/fuse/fuse.xml

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Niraj, on one of my test machines, I see the Earth Light theme created by message inside one of my feeds. It only seems to affect IE 6.0.2. I don't see the issue when I use Firefox 2.0.0.12. Certaintly annoying none the less.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!