Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The Net of 2008  (View post)

Unzip [PersonRank 1]

Friday, March 21, 2008
16 years ago5,450 views

what a great post. I really enjoyed it, it made my day.

Cheers

AMM [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Great post. They may not have IPODs or Iphones, just chips embedded inside ears. Digg up and digg down might change to number of seconds (or milliseconds) of attention time a story gets in the continuous stream of information. Oh so wonderful thoughts.

mike-lazfsh [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Wow. This makes me more addicted to the future. Interesting

Justin [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Love this post. A feel of a novel's ending...

macbeach [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

I was with you until:

"We might find ourselves looking back to spam, search engines, long loading times and installation troubles as something that made us happy."

Is this going to become a science fiction blog?

:)

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

"What are some of the other monotonous things you’re currently doing at your computer or browser?"

Being a 'Grammar Nazi'

"deleting spam that made it your inbox"

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

(Heh, thanks Stephen, it's corrected.)

Mark Socks [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Heh, I'm going to save this page to my "Do Not Delete" folder. My grandchildren are going to see this! ^_^

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

No problem, didn't have change to read the full post, hence the rather short comment.

Now that I have read it, I agree with you and most of this post seems ineviatable. (Not sure about looking back to spam as making us happy)

Veky [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> Heh, I'm going to save this page to my "Do Not Delete" folder. My grandchildren are going to see this! ^_^

If that folder is only local on your machine, most probably they aren't going to see it. ;-P

BTW: http://interconnected.org/notes/2003/05/last-query.html ;-)

dpfishin [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Isn't this the truth, I remember not to long ago though, when i had to learn dos to make the computer work right for my son. OK maybe it has been awhile. but the growth of the computer has moved pretty quick. Spam,how about html,java,c+ all that since dos and now we have flash.How lucky we are as parents.good post, it made me think back to when the 40 mgb hard drive was the big thing.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What is this "Registering" and "Password" that you speak of?

Sorry, been on this forum too long :-)

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Things I would love to have in the future:

* DRM Free media usage in any browser of my choice. Don't force me to use IE because it has to use a specific DRM package.

* All browsers will be standards compliant so being a developer won't require hacking a specific solution for 4 or 5 popular browsers.

* Phishing attacks will be a thing of the past. Throw Cross-Site Scripting attacks into this bucket too.

Rich [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Deleting spam, eh? Only after you've forwarded it to one of the spam authorities, so they can do something about it, right?

You don't just sweep the dirt under the carpets at home, I hope.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

One thing I am quite sure of: in the future people will be amazed to learn that broadcast television existed – that people had to wait until a fleeting moment when their chosen program whizzed by, instead of being able to click-and-view whatever and whenever they wanted to.

V'ger [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

By that time I assume the sound of wind will become fashionable again.

V'ger [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I should state clearly that having never even used a mouse with any computer between 1979 and 1986 I would have to take this into consideration with the likes of personal aircraft and teleportation. I offer my best wishes to Mr. Gernsback and his fine magazines that tell me up front and straight what I will do in my old age...

footprinter [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

What a great post.
I am just about to get away from Net.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!