Google Blogoscoped

Forum

services.google.com

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 9, 2005
18 years ago

services.google.com gives me orange text on a sort of dark grey background reading "This space intentionally left blank" ?? has it always been like this? i mean, orange??

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I can't remember whether the text has always been orange, but the page has certainly been there for ages. The "Last-Modified" HTTP header says:

Last-Modified: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 03:38:57 GMT

So, it's probably been orange – or "gold" according to the color name – for at least a couple of years...

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

That is so weird, why not just put in a redirect?

foo [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

because it's Google! They're unique...

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

speaking about service.google.com and other subdomains (ie. eval.google.com | eval2 | sandbox | etc...) my theory is that high level Googlers or Google Trusted Tester Managers email a "secure browser certificate" to special (top-secret) people who can gain access to these super-google-secret gateways if of course your "secure certificate" is matches and validates and is not past the expire date and with the proper level access for each subdomain.

if anyone who is a "top-secret-agent" of Google can come out clean and confirm my theory... it would so help me not look like a paranoid idiot and thus proving to Google Fanatics that "eval.google.com" (the rumored Human-Rating Evaluation Tester super hidden site of Google) exist.

Thank you for not laughing =)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hey Josue, I think you are pretty much right on your theory.. The eval.google.com is zoned onto 216/239.49.32 which falls into the /19 class
of 216.239.32.0 – 216.239.63.255 , which technically is not part of the Google IP Ranges, but yet is still owned by google.. what is deployed in this extranet is always intriguing..!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!