Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Mash YouTube Videos  (View post)

Ontario Emperor [PersonRank 1]

Friday, March 28, 2008
16 years ago4,267 views

Very interesting application (still have to follow the links to see the videos).

Just out of curiosity, does the #4m12s trick also work with YouTube videos, or only from videos that literally show up at the Google Videos property?

P.S. Got here from FriendFeed, if you're interested.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ontario, as far as I know this time parameter unfortunately only works on Google Video (in pure technical terms Google Video is a bit superior to the YouTube player in some respects).

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

The comments on Jacko's video make me laugh :) I posted one at the beginning for Blogoscoped readers ;-)

Eric [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Tried making that #4m12s thing work in YouTube but it doesn't work as far as I can tell. Too bad though, they should put that in ASAP!

Personman [PersonRank 8]

16 years ago #

Omnisio is a wonderful thing, if only for the following reason: it means the end forever of chasing the parts of a > 10 min video around YouTube's horribly broken related videos section. Never again will you have to click on part 7 to see the link to part 3 – the creator just uploads all the parts, slaps 'em together in omnisio, and posts a link in part 1.

They should really turn overlay comments off by default though.

Luca [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Is the same mechanism (live comment on videos) you can find in the social-game-network " iminlikewithyou" (dot com).
of course here is better because you can add your own link/video.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!