Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[OT] Do you have to reveal April fool jokes ?

MrJones [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, April 1, 2008
16 years ago3,257 views

Hi,

I posted an April fools jokes in my social-network profile and many people believed it :) But as the day goes by I wonder how to proceed with it..

The question is: Do you have reveal April fool jokes after the 1st and say publicy that is was an April fools joke? Or just ignore it and let people figure out that it must have been an April fools joke?

Google & Co. seem to just ignore it and don't tell everyone it was an April fools joke, but when I "say" a April fools joke to a person in real life, it's usually revealed after a few minutes/hours.

So what is the appropiate behaviour in your opionion?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Google usually has a buried hint that the joke is actually a joke, so they don't really avoid it. I think most other reveal the joke was in fact a joke the following day.

Sam Diaz [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

There was an April Fools' joke here that got someone in trouble:

http://www.hewnandhammered.com/hewn_and_hammered/2008/04/ikea-absorbs-st.html

apparently the companies involved were very unhappy about it and asked that it be removed! No sense of humor I guess... unless maybe their request to have it taken down was their own prank??

MrJones [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Update...someway my mother has heard about the and called me to find out if it is true. She hasn't got a profile there..so it must a least be gone across two edges :-) Perhaps I should reveal it now...or just wait a little bit longer ;)

Bilal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

1st April caricature from Algeria "Poisson d'avril"

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8965/carica2264873539448yt1.jpg

i can translate if needed

MrJones [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

translate pls ;)

Bilal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

The context is that many people try to reach Europe by crossing the Mediterranean on small ships like the one on the caricature.
then people when attempting this risky adventure take in consideration many things, wind, sea state ...
However this day is the 1st April or the April fish as it is called in France and many other countries. and what this man didn't predict is the April fish.

"Oh my god the April fish"

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!