Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Digg at Wikipedia  (View post)

Matthew J Brown [PersonRank 1]

Friday, November 11, 2005
18 years ago

No, websites don't have a right to an encyclopedia article. Just like I don't.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Slashdot does have its article... Fark.com does... Plastic.com does...
I'm not saying that makes it *right*, just pointing it out.

Mike [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Where does it stop. Will my local 7-11 have an article too? The entire wikipedia seems to be an information overload these days. Too much information, and a lot of it irrelevant. In fact, I've filtered it from my Google results.

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

its up for me...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digg

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ah, it has been restored. Interesting...

> Too much information

But Mike, it's not like you have to read all that information... usually you will have to actively search for it to get the information. If you search for your local 7-11, maybe you want maps, but who knows what else you're interested in... (no no, I'm not saying the local 7-11 needs its own page).

Of course, if Wikipedia ever goes to print, they'd need to filter out some of the stuff (maybe based on PageRank or hits?).

Didier DURAND [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Wikipedia.FR is full of such articles and nobody kills them. Some are very useful when you want to know all at once about one such site/company.

Where is the issue?

People like Bill Gates (and then Microsoft) are also present in most paper & very official dictionnaries and encyclopedias....

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!