Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Tip: How to Reorder iGoogle Tabs  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, April 10, 2008
16 years ago5,016 views

You can do many other things:
- move the feeds + gadgets from a tab to another tab
- change the number of posts displayed for feeds
- easily edit the mobile iGoogle
- change the themes for all tabs to a certain theme

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Remeber that if you screw up your iGoogle settings, you could always use the restore option on the settings page to reverse the changes.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> You can do many other things

Of course, if you know what you're doing you can change any of the iGoogle settings manually inside this XML file.

16 years ago #

I wrote a small XSL that creates an iGoogle page from a Google Reader OPML.

http://rafb.net/p/IU2hOw66.html

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Good Lord thats complicated. (I do know how to do it, it just seems totally unneeded, given how easy the fix is...IE, aybe Google could just, ah, make the setup like Netvibes? Draaaaag n Drop?

macbeach [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

Been a while since I looked at the settings page. Forgot it was even there. Seems like there should be a link to it somewhere rather than just having to type it in.

And wasn't there a four column mode at one time? I could swear there was. It didn't work very well for me so I went back to three. But now the option is gone. Or I'm dreaming.

16 years ago #

Click on the small arrow next to the tab's title and select "Edit this tab".

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

******BE CAREFUL with the exported XML. It may contain private data, Google Calendar private feeds for example...

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

there WAS a four column option- i loved it do to my wide-screen monitor. disappeared without a trace, much to my displeasure.

Mark [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

It looks like you can use FOUR_COL_LAYOUT_1 as the layout, as seen from a screenshot in this article:

http://web-marketing.zako.org/web-tools/igoogle-gadgetigoogle/how-to-reorder-igoogle-tabs.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!