Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How Much For PR9?  (View post)

Nathan [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, November 12, 2005
18 years ago

I don't know for sure, but I think that a PR9 link could cost a few thousand/month.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

And for the page itself, a one-time amount to own it?

John [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Philipp,

http://www.futurepagerank.net/futureprcheck.php?url=blog.outer-court.com

:)

Nathan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

To own one? I guess it could go for 6 figures.

Ralph [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Tough question. I'd say more like a high five figure number per month.

Cem Basman [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

The page is worth what you want to pay for it. And this depends on what you want to do with the page.

PageRank 9 means for me, to be willing to pay 65-70% of the "net earnings" to the current page owner. 35-30% is for me ;). To lease the page would be for both sides the best business model.

Does this answer your question, Philipp? BTW, do have/owe the page?? Or is this a theoretical test?

18 years ago #

Cem, nope, don't have one or could buy one at the moment. I would like to find a theoretical value. After all, you could get possibly $10,000-$30,000 per month just selling links on a PageRank 9 page (this is a guess of course – asuming a few dozen links sold for around $1,000-2,000 each). Possibly, even more than that. One might be able to monetize this for a year or so without lifting a finger, but soon PageRank would drop unless you do something with the site. So maybe a prize of $100,000-$200,000 would be a (risky) bargain?

Cem Basman [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

A good business man (as a page owner) would rather participate in a business than to sell his asset (the page). This means he would choose a good partner (maybe for a short time like a couple of moths/a year). If his page is godd (the best) he should have a good demand for it and he could choose from a larger group of possible partners.

For instance, large retail shops do this business with their smaller subcontractors (shop-in-shop). It's a win-win because the large shop attracts a customer drain and the smaller shops are saving marketing efforts. And the large shop gets a even higher attraction with the smaller shops. That's just an example.

Web-Feeds.com [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

http://www.pr10.darkseoteam.com/

Why not have a pr10 ;)

One thing I have learned is never accept what looks to be in fron of you, dig a little deeper!

Todd [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

In my best Dr. Evil voice -
"One MILLION DOLLARS!"

Todd [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Okay I revoke my original bid.

Just like any like (regardless of pixie dust)... I'd base it on these principles: http://www.stuntdubl.com/2005/02/25/tips-to-valuating-text-links/

PR is just the "minimum threshhold standard" for making skimming for links easier. PR9 that doesn't pass value could seriously hurt your marketing budget.

Andrea, andilinks [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I would consider it a risky investment, if the PR dropped to 2 in the next update it would be money down the drain.

When you say "page" do you mean owning the domain, with the original content so the backlinks won't begin to disappear?

I've heard (but not confirmed) that when the whois registration changes Google will review the page manually with the next update.

Link selling seems to draw a big penalty, again not confirmed but it could make the investment worthless quickly.

18 years ago #

Yes, I meant that you get the domain & everything. Something like you could own Slashdot.org, but a more obscure, .com domain.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!