Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Chitika Ads  (View post)

John K [PersonRank 2]

Sunday, November 13, 2005
18 years ago

Philipp,

Chitika is based on the shopping.com api. However shopping.com has their own affliate program and you don't have to share it with Chitika.

Chitika does a bit of contextual filtering to pick products to show.

However, with a modicum of programming skill, you'd be better off going directly to shopping.com, using their API and selecting from a list of possible products to show – especially since most of you content is relatively un-product related.

Plus you'd be keeping more of the revenue yourself.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Interesting. That's absolutely what I would do. I'll check the shopping.com API.

Wolfgang Schwarz [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Here from Germany I see the same ad, just it's translated to German...

Miel [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

I'm on it. I love it. It works fine. You should've signed up through me :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

John, or anyone, where on shopping.com can I find information for affiliates/ developers?

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

I've found it does add a little bit to ad revenue, and doesn't take away from what you're already pulling in. Its a good way to pull back in those eyes that don't look at Google ads. I know that when I see a Chitika ad, I check if there are any good prices today. It ads value, even in a non-contextual way (since you have to turn off the contextual ads to work with AdSense).

Hans Mast [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

ProBlogger.net has done a lot of work with Chitika and has excellent reviews of it along with tons of tips.

Amit Agarwal [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

I have been using Chitika for a week now and must say the revenue is good.

Marc [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Philipp-

I've been working with the Shopping.com API for several months now. I'm starting to blog about a little bit about it (see here http://www.nextgenerationshopping.com/) – drop me a comment there and I'll get back to you (if you still are looking for information on it).

You can see the API in action here: http://www.secretprices.com/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!