Google Blogoscoped

Forum

OMG! Create Your OWN YouTube/ Flickr -- Debuts

* Miss Universe [PersonRank 7]

Friday, April 25, 2008
12 years ago2,525 views

It seems every now and then, an innovative startup develops and idea that leaves you open mouthed

startyourtube.com/
Free Registration takes about 30 seconds. Unlike YouTube, you can upload Videos AND Photos AND audios AND articles. You can share in the ad revenues.

miss-universe.startyourtube.co ...
You have design customization options – including using your own Domain name. Also the creation of blogs are an additional option.
The Control panel allows the Admins to set voting and sharing options

techcrunch.com/2008/04/24/crea ...
Here is a write up and blog reactions

startyourtube.com/blog/
Their blog

LOL: unfortunately the members have been so aggressive about getting their videos DIGGED – that Digg has banned the domain – ALREADY

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

YourTube ~= YouTube
Yourtube's logo looks like Youtube's logo
==> it may be sued.

By the way, "Miss Universe", you can create you own Youtube, but I'm not sure everyone can afford Youtube's servers. Without that, there is no Youtube.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

YouTube* is already there, why do you need something else? I agree with Tom, the problem is that you must be able to afford expensive server costs.

*or Vimeo or other popular video sites.

* Miss Universe [PersonRank 7]

12 years ago #

dipity.com/mashups/timetube
Try this YouTube Timeline Mashup
Put in a search term and get the video results returned as a timeline

digg.com/tech_news/Best_YouTub ...
Here are the Digg Reviews from those who tried it (it did make the homepage)

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

The we-couldn't-think-of- a-better-name- to-hybridize
[ startyourtube.com/blog/press-r ... of April 10]
claim to be scalable, but where are the videos housed, on their own puny servers?

TechCrunch noted right away that
"This is entirely a free service with, puzzlingly, no perceivable revenue source for the owners."
techcrunch.com/2008/04/24/crea ...

I'm tired of ever-clever me-too better mousetraps, whose main claim to fame will be their lasting contribution to the ongoing Balkanization of "social" web services.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!