Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Blogoscoped.com now at PR 7

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, April 30, 2008
16 years ago3,376 views

In Philipps blog post on Monday he mentions this blog's PageRank was 6, but today I'm now seeing 7.

Some of my websites have also updated pagerank today.

Anyone else seeing this?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Congratz again Philipp.
BTW, I just realized that I reinstalled Ubuntu in last November, but not the googlebar extension. I didn't noticied it, so does it means this extension is becoming more and more pointless?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

PR(GoogleBlog)=9
PR(GmailBlog)=8

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hey, that's cool! Guess the domain move didn't hurt then after all, even if it's a little slow (the domain was switched from PR7 blog.outer-court.com to blogoscoped.com on July 3, 2007, with a permanent redirect header set up for the pages)!

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

<< with a permanent redirect header set up for the pages >>

Any particular reason what you didn't use HTACCESS? Does header redirection have any benefits over it?

It's good to see a working, covered example of someone switching domains. I've just tried it myself. Currently having problems – both sites are getting picked up at the same time – can't be good.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I do use htaccess Mambo...
Basically every old URL will map to the new one via a permanent redirect HTTP header. There is an exception for some gadgets as the Google gadget directory didn't understand the redirect in a meaningful way, so I left those unredirected. So what I'm using in the htaccess these days is not the "RewriteRule (.*) http: //blogoscoped.com/$1 [R=301,L]" but a redirect to a PHP upon encountering a 404 not found error, and that PHP in return redirects once more (which means that every page I leave in the special directory – the gadgets – will not be redirected).

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

That's nice, the rank of my website is updated to.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!