Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The Value of a Google #1 Ranking  (View post)

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

Friday, May 2, 2008
16 years ago2,742 views

Very impressive explanation indeed, of key factors governing approximation of ranking points (levels?) value.

Perhaps it's just me but, unless one already is an economist, or well-entrenched in ROI (return-on-investment), and similar earning-projection sciences, it still doesn't sound as if it now were much easier to calculate it now, than earlier.

Given the depth, range, and apparent medium-to-fine granularity of the input vectors involved, wouldn't it be possible to alleviate that task by defining a mathematical model, which in turn could be used for assembly of an onscreen ranking value calculator? Just enter your data, perhaps in the form of a verbose multipost questionnaire, and press "Presto!" ;-))

I realize that several of these key items would need to be vague and/or kind of between-thumb-and-forefinger.... but even that could be achieved through the use of (as I remember it from Uni) Value Engineering, US Dept. of Defence's proscribed method of evaluation of seemingly similar industry tenders for the wartime equipment build-up.

Or so methinks.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!