New blue loading bar in Gmail

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, May 17, 2008
16 years ago7,736 views

They also added your account name to the loading screen
http://cheesemonger32.googlepages.com/Gmail-loading-bar.png

BrianS [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

I just noticed this as well. I wonder if they made any other changes as well or if this was the only thing. It seems like a rather random side item to change on its own.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

i like it.

does gmail seem faster by the way?

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Maybe it's linked to the news saying that they reduced the number of request during the connexion process...

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/need-for-speed-path-to-faster-loading.html

Mustafa Mahmoud [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]dpneal, i feel it does.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Only for Gmail 2.0 though..

Oh well... ~ sigh ~

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Its there for google apps too.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

wow i'm just seeing that bar now, before i was only noticing the option to switch to HTML view at the bottom right but maybe i just wasn't paying attention

joe [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Just noticed this bar. It's super tacky.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Gmail feels faster, I see the loading screen for at most a second compared to about three seconds previously.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]DPic
I don't remember seeing the links at the bottom but I can now :-/
http://cheesemonger32.googlepages.com/Gmail-loading.png

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

GMail also feels much haster here? (Firefox 3.0)

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

No question mark, sorry.
And also seeing that blue bar thing, along with a link to switch to the html version in case of problem

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hmm, I've just upgraded from Fx 3.0 Beta 5 to RC1, and Gmail is now slower than it was before I upgraded, although apparently still faster than Fx2 according to Mozilla.

Brock Cusick [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Just saw this. The OP must have either video-screen capture or lightning reflexes – that thing loads quickly.

The last week or so the Gmail wasn't loading AT ALL in Firefox at 2.0.0.15 at work, but now that I see the blue bar it loads and loads FAST. Very fast.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Well it took a few attempts to get one that was halfway (eg. not empty, not full)

In WinXP SP3 (Firefox 3RC1) I see the loading screen for half a second. In Ubuntu I still have Firefox 3b5 in which it loads slower.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It feels MUCH faster under my Firefox 3 RC1/ Mac OS 10.5, than it felt with the previous loading screen.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It's a pretty add. And I notice it works better with the latest versions of firefox too.

Freiddie [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

I just noticed it!

warcat [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

The bar to me seems annoying and the load times seem a bit longer now... not much but 1 or 2 secs add up when you log in 10 times a day!

solidcore [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

bar is a waste of time and makes it look noob and very microsoft shite

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

My blue bar just got stuck in an infinite loop, slowly filling up and then going back down to around 30% continuously. I had to kills my Firefox.exe process and relaunch the browser to make it work. Weird.

jeffrey296 [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Yea that's happening to me too, it's really annoying. In fact, that's why I came to this page, to see if there was any way to fix that. Anybody know of a way?

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

increases the load time for me.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!