Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Powerpoint's pps 'view as slideshow' disappeared in Gmail

Ricardo Sanchez [PersonRank 2]

Tuesday, May 20, 2008
16 years ago4,494 views

Hello,

has anybody noticed that the very convenient 'view as slideshow' option present in Gmail, that allowed you to watch the pps slide by slide, without downloading it (minus the audio, slide transitions, and the interactiveness; but those weren't very important).

It was very easy to watch those stupid emails that friends forward, without downloading the actual pps. Now it has been replaced with 'view in html' wich doesn't even show images.

DaveB [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

Yes, I noticed that a few days ago. I was going to send a powerpoint file to a friend, as was going to tell him to just hit the "view as slideshow" on the bottom of the message, but the option was gone.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yeah, it really disappeared, I wonder why? Normally I would have assumed its because of the serverload, as it was so fast that I assume they converted every single file, but that shouldn't be a problem with Google.

16 years ago #

Philipp: are you experiencing this too? Don't you think it's worth mentioning in the blog? :-)

16 years ago #

Just checked it again, and the option magically appeared again. I guess Google was just doing some internal tests.

Fernando Muñoz [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Google disabled it for a month but they just enabled it again.There was a flaw on the powerpoint viewer which I reported to them and also published on my blog http://blog.beford.org/?p=19

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!