Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Lack of Google Results Quality?  (View post)

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 17, 2005
18 years ago

I have the wikipedia "Go" box set up as a firefox keyword search so all i have to do is type "wp [something]" in the address bar & hit enter.

Claus [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hmm ... I like the Wikipedia, but I'm always a bit wary of what I find there. Not every article gets the same amount of proofreading, I'm afraid. There's some brilliant articles, thoroughly researched and well written, but I've also come across quite a lot of errata, typos and some utter nonsense, especially when you're dealing with not-so-fashionable stuff which only two people and a dog are writing about.

It's always a good thing to take a short look at the discussion pages or to check two or three other sources as well.

lipilee [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I myself use the smart keyword function in Mozilla for this. I just enter "wp something" and it gives me the direct Wikiedia search results.

Utills [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I actually find wikipedia very informative for anything computer science related. Since majority of the users of wikipedia are very tech oriented I find that the info is generally much easier to digest compared to lecture notes or academic papers online.

Adam Saunders [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I'm using your Wikipedia suggestion all the time now. Currently I'm working on putting together list of tools and tips that an internet marketer will need to succeed e.g. (best of breed tracking, blogging, and info agregation tools). Let me know, if you have any suggestions.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!