Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Licensing

Locksmith [PersonRank 1]

Friday, May 30, 2008
16 years ago2,460 views

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing ? A company is offering me page one search results basically using adwords but they say they are officially licenced by google and it is not a pay per click campaign. I pay them a set fee per month and it doesnt matter how many time I am clicked.

All sounds a bit dubious to me but will be pleased to hear otherwise.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Locksmith, no one can guarantee a permanent number 1 ranking either in organic results or in ad results, as even ads undergo some quality measures. However, with a good budget a number 1 AdWords ranking for a given query is not unusual at all. Perhaps your service refers to their status as a "Qualified Individual in the Google Advertising Professionals", yes, there is such a thing:
https://adwords.google.com/select/professionalwelcome

Locksmith [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Sorry only just got back to the forum.... yes I reckon this is what they are doing, but are making it out to be a lot more "Google-official" than it actually is.

I have since had a bit of an argument with them. They promised a report at the end of the month to indicate how the campaign was doing. The report consisted of an email which told me I was still appearing on the first page with the chosen key words.... well my cat could have done that... no mention of click thru's etc etc... what a waste of time. They eventually and reluctantly sent me a report giving me the number of page impressions.... which again isn't much use!

I think I am going to pull the plug on them . The sort of money I'm paying them I can probably do the job myself for 1/2 the price.

Locksmith [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Eventually emailed Google about them. Google's reply was that they had no association with them whatsoever and did not approve of their claims to be a Google Premium Partner. So as suspected they are con artists. However give them their due I was appearing on page of Google in the sponsored links but I was paying a lot of money for it.

I've filed a note with my credit card company to make sure they don't do anything silly and try and debit my card further amounts.

Alarmingly according to the credit card company there's not a lot they can do to stop them but obviously they would do a charge-back which can take up to 30 days to sort out.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!