Google Blogoscoped

Forum

55 Ways: Did You Ever Settle an Argument Using Google?  (View post)

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, November 20, 2005
18 years ago

i dont remember too specific of one, but when i want to use google in an argument i usually use googlefight.com. might want to include them.

Kevin Fox [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Heck, I did last night. A friend was over and we were debating the Monty Hall problem and I ended up googling the answer (found in Wikipedia BTW) to get backing that I was right.

My friend is stubborn and wouldn't accept wikipedia blindly (what does a democracy have to do with facts?) but I felt more confident of my position when I saw it laid out almost verbatim on the net.

SharQ [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Constantly. In fact, I occasionally have to dig out my phone and navigate to wap.google.com to settle arguments.

Then again, strictly speaking, it isn't *google*, but the websites indexed by google that settle the arguments!

Werner Nieke [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Is the reverse of interest to you, as well? Found this somewhat awkward, however remarkable <a href="http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/0,1518,385867,00.html" target="_blank">story</a> on SPIEGEL Online today: Google half bei Mord

oops... Maybe someone should have emptied their browser cache...

Ahoy [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Using Google to solve arguments is an almost-daily occurance. I'll try to think of the most interesting arguments Google has resolved.

Manjusha [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Just yesterday my husband & I were arguing about the sequence of the Hindi Alphabet, particularly the vowel set. Finally we decided to bet $50 on it before checking Google. All I can say is I am $50 richer.

Google rocks!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!