Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Down Today, Too  (View post)

Sunil [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, November 22, 2005
18 years ago

Ever since it's launch, I have not been able to post an entry to GBase. From the "Post An Item" screen, after selecting the item type, I am automatically taken to the next screen that reads:

For input string: "-5.5"
Error 500

I use Firefox 1.5 on Win XP and am located in India. Apparently, this is not a browser issue as I get the same or similar response from IE6 too. At first I thought this might be a country-specific issue, but a perusal of the relevant Google Groups showed that someone in Australia too had the same problem (not sure if it still persists there).

Using Contact Us at Google Base elicited a bland and irrelevant response that has not solved my problem until now.

Insofar as the Google site outages are concerned, I have been experiencing them too over the last few days – this covers .com, gmail, groups, etc. These outages sometimes last 10 minutes or more and happen a few times a day.

Ravi [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I am in india. I also get the same error that sunil mentioned

Sergei Shelukhin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I'm in Russia and I had Google outages for 2-3 days both at work and at home... I thought the world was about to end

K1 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Analytics reporting problems, Ad's not loading, Analytics script not loading, google earth slowdowns... Here in Thailand we got the same thing.. Seemed like only Google.com (not the local version) was operating normal.

Daniel Neamu [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Same thing in Romania, several times yesterday afternoon.

John [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Google is not doing well these days...:(

Josh [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Google was down here in America for at least 30 minutes around midnight central time. I haven't seen any mention of it yet.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!