Google Blogoscoped

Forum

AIM through Gmail

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Monday, June 30, 2008
16 years ago3,262 views

So it's very nice to have aim logs in gmail but i use pidgin and the only way to have your aim logs in gmail is if you use gmail chat all the time (which i'm simply not willing to do). I was wondering if there was a way to connect to aim through gmail somehow so that it would still be logged in gmail. Can you somehow look at the source of gmail chat for this?

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

DPic: this may be useful, http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-attack/chat-with-aim-msn-yahoo-and-other-contacts-over-google-talk-289097.php

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hey thanks but i saw that when it was first posted. That's something different. I think it's called tunneling but i'm not sure. Anyways i think what i'm looking for is using Gmail as the transport server.

Logging from gmail chat lists aim conversations as "chat with screenname[put at-character here]aim.com" but using one of those other transport servers would make it screenname[put at-character here]aim.transport.url

any other ideas?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I've looked all over (i'm pretty good at finding this sutff) so i think either someone needs to be 1337 or someone from google needs to tell us how

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!