Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Mysterious key word and name blockings - is the system vulnerable to corruption and lobby hate agendas targetting individuals !!

P. Shahir [PersonRank 1]

Friday, July 4, 2008
16 years ago4,285 views

GOOGLE 'THIRD PARTY' NEGATIVE EARMARKING AND BLOCKING ACCESS TO CARTELS OR PAYING PERSONS OR POLITICAL CONTRACTS ??
HELP – ALL SEARCH KEY WORDS LINKING TO TOPICS I WROTE ABOUT HAVE BEEN BLOCKED THE LAST FEW YEARS!!!!!!!!
I have had very unpleasant experiences recently with Google – and have no way of contacting them to inform them of the problem.
Recently I have posted on the following URL of Wall Street Journal on issues of US Supreme Court ruling that allows any other punishment for rape than execution – (& Presidential candidates recent spontaneous comments) at the following URL :
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/25/obama-condemns-supreme-court-decision-in-child-rape-case/#comment-147222

This was top of search results for several search engines – until I noticed, yesterday, that the Google search engine had blocked all searches that could direct to that specific web blog.
This is a most blatant breach of human rights and right to access information.
I am sure that most Google staff would be surprised how certain lobbies or cartels could try and enforce such control, but this is a crucial proof of most dangerous manipulation with public information.
Moreover, my name had initially been the only one on search engines – but soon there were innumerous that began adopting my name – and I even got a mysterious letter from someone from Facebook who claims to have added me as a friend on Facebook, where I never have registered. At the same time, I received innumerable spam mail with virus and phishing attempts.
All references to my name P. Shahir, and Prince Shahir , had been systematically and surgically removed from Google search engine, and where I previously was the only search result, now, the there are many hundreds of mysterious references to irrelevant archive information and Arab names of horses (I love horses and people for that matter) – many of search results quite repetitive and flooding – and yet litterally ALL reference to substantial issues, have all been ''exponged' from the face of the earth ' . To protect me, I have name and address protection issues , but this must not be used as a guise to repress my existence, as I too must enjoy the rights and freedoms as any other created by the same Almighty!

P. Shahir [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

PS ALL key words that could lead to that specific article on WSJ Washingtonwire, http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/25/obama-condemns-supreme-court-decision-in-child-rape-case/#comment-147222 have been blocked.
In other words, as the topic is related to the names: US Obama + Supreme Court + rape (or even P. Shahir as author of postings) are all off Google search!!!!
All my postings the last years, based on the name Prince Shahir, or P. Shahir, are blocked too, and cannot be found on Google.
There can be a local Google office interfering. I hope all Google humanrights advocates could assist to deblock the issue, and have the involved parties reprimanded publicly – no matter what political pressure they may place, or business proposal they may claim to have.
Thanks to all Google advocates and all others on the WWW :)
best wishes to USA on Independence Day,
from Prince Shahir

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

this post feels like spam to me.

P. Shahir [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Dear Brinke : These are authentic issue for the attention of Google and other Internet experts interested in the mechanisms of blockings. I am glad that some are apparently interested in this field – as this has often happened in other countries – and issue for human rights advocates.
This thread is for those who are interested in this topic.
Have a great day – if in USA , Happy Independence Day!

P. Shahir [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Correction : the key words that do not lead to the website at all, are the following :
Obama + US Supreme Court + rape (and any other key words as P. Shahir, as posting author.)
None of the key words lead to the above referred Wall Street Journal article on Washingtonwire blogs.
The problem was corrected 'on and off' on July 5th between 02 and 03 GMT Universal Time – but the blockings took hold again soon after that ....
I am most grateful for those who may be trying to remedy the problem among Google staff and others ....
I hope that previous references to my older articles (disappeared since over 2 years ago) could also be restituted ...

P. Shahir [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

btw – I am NOT "basid p. shahir"

P. Shahir [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

The problem of mysterious blockings was partly resolved Satyurday 12th, blocked again on 13th, resolved on 14th on and off ... After the 20th it seems

I found Philipp Lensenn's post very relevant (thanks for that) Anti-Obama Blogspot Blogs in Spam Trap : http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2008-07-07-n60.html interesting, as it indicates that a group of enthousiasts can easily get together and agree on attacking a theme. (REGARDLESS of which political group or lobby that may be) It is thus clear that the system IS vulenerable to mobbing and false accusations with tagging of postings and even websites as 'spam' or 'trouble maker' – as another news article from Foxnews (link below) also may demonstrate.
However this is very cruel and a crucial human rights issue, bacause there are many individuals who are non-political and do not belong to any lobby, and therefore often have ALMOST NOBODY to help them – unless awareness is raised, so that individuals could be protected from such harassment – or else the entire system can turn into a ' Mobocracy ' I as I termed it once.
ALL authentical efforts should be protected regardless party political backgrounds – but specially persons who have been made vulnerable due to ruthless political persecution in certain countries, whose despots would love to use 'Google preferences' for their own narrow purposes .....
On the other side, we see that others have had a similar related experience as explained in Foxnews.com report.
Google has been accused of even freezing Google accounts so persons could not access sites!!
" Anti-Obama Bloggers Question Why Google Froze Their Accounts "
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,382452,00.html
Anti – Obama bloggers with Google accounts had a problem there – and their motives for blogging may not have been 'spam' or 'hate crimes' of any kind, but legitimate opinions of concern – but possibly somehow tagged by another group – ending up in Google becoming a suspect. (Google too has innumerous and diverse participants and also various preferences .....)

I have also tried to look into Search engine's shared responsibility towards respecting many unique individuals with very special backgrounds, who often have no support or lobby to help them. Their website stories may be lost on various servers. This is not necessarily 'the fault' of search engines – but there could be an urgent ned to respect special individuals by helping them preserve historical references and unique efforts.
A couple of days ago, I searched a theme on " Saddam " + " refrigerated babies " . Almost historical references to Saddam's atrocities on that theme, from the last decade had litterally disappeared. I found one related to Japan Today and referred to it in a blog – but that server may have been overwhelmed. Thanks to Google and others, a couple of days later, a larger number of results popped up.

We all have a great task and responsibility towards proper respect and protection humanrights dissident persons who may be under constant attack, (possibly even through split loyalties at local/national google sections, who may want to smother or blacken 'opponents' or whisteleblowers on political persecution.) It would be very wrong if Google or any other company allow themselves into becoming a tool of repression!!
Again, thanks to many Google and other kind hearted Internet advocates who could help improve protection of certain persons who can be in danger of harassment or under attack by certain extremist agendas.
So much to learn ... , and to struggle for...., in order to empower those with lifetime struggles, who have been under pressure – in contrast to countless of haphazard postings (as school computer class pranks, or deliberate political agendas against lone & helpless persons) .
Mere calling someone elses postings as 'spam' could trigger off certain software to believe just that – and persons involved in tagging others as 'spam' may one day end up having a problem explaining themselves.
Let good be done, and fairness and justice prevail and spread!
My those kind hearted strivers behind the scenes be blessed :) P. Shahir

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!