Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Podzinger Audio Search  (View post)

Nishi [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, November 23, 2005
18 years ago

You have to give it up, that someone was able to come up with a service like this. Well as time goes by, I bet they will improve their service, so it works both on IE and Firefox. But just searching for podcasts according to preference, makes life easier.

Kirby [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Actually I tried this and it worked suprisingly well. Of course I didn't test "Google", but it worked nicely on other words, such as "Amman". Micro Persuasion hinted that Podzinger is scanning text notes vice word recognition, and I thought that rang true since I found hardly any errors; your test proves that theory wrong.

Turbo [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Podzinger is a little late to the game. I have been using Podscope since April and it is not restricted to IE and Realplayer.

Barbara [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Glad you found the service.

The site is in beta with only IE now. We'll have Firefox and Safari up in mid-December.
And yes we do provide a text index the audio (vis speech recognition technology) of the podcast not just the rss description so you can find spoken words in the podcast. The snippets are there so you can skim the results to help determine if they are of any interest.

Feel free to email us with comments or questions. ... PodZinger Team

audibletype [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Here’s a similar service…

www.audibletype.com is a web based voice recognition system. The system allows for transcription of audio and video files to search engine friendly text! The system will transcribe your audio or video file for you and provide time indexing so that you can quickly navigate trough the relevant data. Audibletype is also working on an open-api so that others can develop and build “widgets” to take full advantage of the technology and service. It also comes with tools so that you can make good use of your content. You can even send it back to your blog.

Audibletype is currently inviting beta-testers to participate in our UI development phase. Check it out at www.audibletype.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!