Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Anti-Obama Blogspot Blogs in Spam Trap  (View post)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Monday, July 7, 2008
16 years ago3,592 views

A good way to not (easily) be flagged as spam is... to remove the top bar :-)

WSummer [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Thx!
After this helpful post, your blog in my RSS reader now

Edward [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

"Interesting: if this blog post is correct then Google is apparently analyzing email content – the URLs – to help their spam classification system. I wonder if that is automated, and if so, whether they’re using Gmail messages for this."

I'm confused. We already know (or at least hope) that Google analyzes Gmail emails to help with their spam filters (at the very least, when somebody presses the "Report Spam" button)
It's also useful for there to be a lot of automation in that system (and we know google is good at automation), so no need to wonder whether it's automated.

What exactly qualifies this for the "Interesting:" tag at the beginning of the paragraph?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Edward, what I was referring to was indeed not that Gmail in itself classifies spammy emails (like by looking at when people press the Report Spam buttons) – but that Google may use that information outside of the Gmail system, in e.g. Blogger.

Reversely, I would also think it would be interesting if we find out that, for instance, Google would use that URLs contained in emails as a sort of backlink information... to calculate PageRank for a given URL.

Andy Wong [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

My blog was marked as well 2 years ago, and Google sent me an Email to notify. All I needed to do was to reply. One day after, the blog is on again.

Stephen George [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Google needs to take responsibility for censoring these blogs by publicly apologizing and pledge to never censor content again...force them to change or else we will blog on non-Google platforms: https://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/stop-google-censorship

Lee Howard [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Whenever I post a pro McCain blog on CNN's 'Ask Jack Cafferty' blog, not only do they moderate my blog and reject publishing it ... I immediately get 300 to 600 pieces of spam in my mail box.

Neil Ottenstein [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I think blogger just opened their spamblog criteria way too far and are getting blogs that don't look anything like spam right now. It doesn't matter what the contest it.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!