Google Blogoscoped

Forum

iGoogle is so messed up...

zlrug [PersonRank 1]

Friday, July 11, 2008
11 years ago2,719 views

For several months, I can't browse or search the iGoogle Gallery. Nor google.com/ig/directory, neither .co.uk, .fr, etc.

I can only pick the BBC News | World | UK Edition gadget. This is the only one available, even through "Hottest", "Most Users", or "Newest". Every search return <<We're sorry, we were unable to find any content containing the words "[keyword]">>.

I've alerted the Google Team many time via the contact page (google.com/support/bin/request ...) and via the Google Web Search Help Group.

I've also "Restore [my] iGoogle page to the last backup" and "Reset [my] signed-in preferences" (google.com/ig/resetprefs.html)... Nothing, still only the BBC gadget.

picasaweb.google.com/jeromefli ...

The only way I can get a gadget is to obtain the URL of the about page from friends , and add it. But it wastes time, is annoying and above all, if many users face the same trouble, it could be a major issue for Google.

Any idea to really reset my iGoogle page so that I can access the gadget directory?

Mike [PersonRank 0]

11 years ago #

Change computer and network.

zlrug [PersonRank 1]

11 years ago #

I've changed my ISP and my computer: unfortunately, the trouble depends only on Google and goes on from many weeks now (despite alerts, emails and post on help groups).

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!