Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Lively's Many Adult Rooms  (View post)

K [PersonRank 2]

Monday, July 14, 2008
16 years ago5,024 views

"Lively is intended to be a place for Lively citizens to connect with each other and express themselves freely and in a safe environment. Our community standards prohibit sexually explicit images and rooms intended for sexual activity, even if virtual."

So, sexual images can hurt you if you view them??

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

No, silly.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1y9ysYNCKE

[Unlinked as Ben noticed embedding was disabled.]

Andy Wong [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Well, don't you remember that adult/sexual contents were among the major forces pushing the development of Internet services in mid 90s to nowadays?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Asking Google some questions about the photo gadget problems they say:

"Regarding your question about the photo gadgets in Lively, I just wanted to provide a little more background. As you know, Lively launched in Google Labs, and we've noticed a few bugs in some of the features, including the photo gadget. The team is aware of these issues and is working to remedy them as quickly as possible."

I asked them a couple of follow-up questions, including if the fix would be more like days or months to be delivered, and they say:

"I [can] tell you that the team is currently working on this, and we will be turning the feature on again for users as soon as possible. We don't expect this to be on the order of months."

(Still no word if this was in any relation to adult rooms, though.)

Rob [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I love that they provide a number of flirtatious animations for the character, which only lead flirtatious behavior...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Another post by the Lively team is titled "Lively issues: Crashes, Slowness, Connection, Login":

<<As may be expected from a brand new product, we're experiencing some 'growing pains' in our first few days live. Bear with us as we sort out some of the issues that are causing crashes & slowness. We're also aware there may be many login problems, and we're on those, too!

Thanks for your patience, and for posting all of your concerns. Even if we can't respond to each one, we're busy reading about the issues and are hard at work on fixes. We'll do our best to update this group as soon as issues are resolved. >>
http://groups.google.com/group/lively-help-sign-inaccess-issues/browse_thread/thread/477cbc525020bfaf

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!