Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Profile Add Suggested Links

beussery [PersonRank 10]

Monday, July 21, 2008
6 years ago3,791 views

Has your Google Profile detected other pages? Seems Google has added a new feature to it's user's profile pages that makes adding suggested links easy...

beussery.com/googledetected.jp ...

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

No I don't see that. Is that on your normal profile page? google.com/s2/profiles/me

Pixelisation [PersonRank 1]

6 years ago #

Isn't there some Social Graph API behind that?
[put at-character here]Dpneal Try adding your Friendfeed URL to your Google Profile and you should get all those suggestions.

beussery [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

[put at-character here]dpneal yes
google.com/s2/profiles/1019456 ...

beussery [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

but still not showing all of the options I've selected.

beussery [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

click on edit profile

beussery [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

weird, it's in the code but not displayed! view the source for my page above and then do a find for picasaweb and youtube...

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

I'm seeing this when I edit my profile too.

It's a bit odd that they're including a link back to your profile. And they're also including Flickr and Facebook even though I already have them listed:

Actually, I just tried to add all the suggestions and it failed to add Flickr, Facebook and Digg, although those link appear to have been added when I try to edit my profile. (They're even suggested again, meaning I can keep adding them over and over without them being displayed on my profile...)

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

Why isn't the Google Profile listed under the My Account page?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

"Google Profiles" is listed in my "My Account" page but I think I signed in to the actual service here:

www.google.com/accounts/Login? ...

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

[put at-character here]Tony, That did the trick. Thanks!

Ken B [PersonRank 1]

6 years ago #

Is Google Profiles going to merge with Google Jaiku that use Google App Engine? Last week Google started to give away new invites to Jaiku.

Ex jyri.jaiku.com with lot of feeds from Youtube, blogs, last.fm etc. Jaiku has more mobile support like SMS, MMS (via Flickr), public communities/groups called channels etc than Google Profiles.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

There is something interresting: it is able to list all Blogger blogs where you are the author.
it might be used to find all blogs for a specified user! Finally! :-)

If someone has a hack for that, I'm agree to help you for tests :-)

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!