Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Mail (aka GMail) and HTML View

xeen [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, July 23, 2008
15 years ago2,837 views

Trying to login to GMail which is called 'Google Mail' in Germany due to legal stuff with a pretty restricted Internet Explorer seems impossible by now. The problem is that I can't reproduce it myself, it always works on my PC but doesn't for my mother in the office.
Maybe one of you can reproduce it or does even no a fix or workaround?
She sent me a bunch of screenshots which basically tell:
* Login in screen, everything as expected
* after logging in: "No ActiveX! Try again or use HTML View". So she clicks the latter
* 'Gmail' is called 'Google Mail' in Germany! We may not link to it and of course not redirect to it. Here is the url: blabla (written, but not linked)

Copy & Pasting this link will of course lead to "no ActiveX!".

Modifying the URL to look like it should (in Germany. Simply replace all "gmail" appearances with "mail") doesn't help either.

I already sent a support ticket to them (because "View in HTML" should link to the correct URL), but I guess it could take a while before it gets noticed, so I ask for help here.

Thank you
xeen

xeen [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Oh nevermind, I found this thread by accident that describes the problem exactly:
http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-Logging-In-en/browse_thread/thread/512fe7e4d57d7948

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!