Google Blogoscoped

Forum

What Was the Last Google Docs Document You Edited?  (View post)

Alexander van Hoorn [PersonRank 1]

Friday, August 15, 2008
15 years ago13,319 views

My school test timetable, because I didn't have a word processor installed at the moment. This was half a year ago.

Sean Brady [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

The itinerary for my upcoming Disney World trip. It was a couple of days ago.

Ylde [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

A document shared with 6 friends to decide the name of a future collective blog. Kind of a list of names, with personal reactions.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Document: Wedding Info Collected to Date
Spreadsheet: Wedding Stuff

Ylde [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

<<A document shared with 6 friends...>>
I was today (just to check it). The last one I've really edited is all the instructions for my University registration (sort of a synthesis of several postal mails, and e-mails from different senders). I also use it as a check-list.

Peter [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

a comparison chart of a few new cars.... and our old one.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p1nFGw5FDt1jqkWP2htlTWw

[Removed HTML formatting – Tony]

Mike [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Google auto saves open documents, so the stamp for last editing time doesn't always show when it really was edited last time.

Evan Brown [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

A household chore worksheet for my son, modified two days ago.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

my resume (doc), an a ops model (spreadsheet)

Schultzter [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

A form (I wanted to give 'em a try) to record information to compare NAS enclosures (anyone know how to fix a WD1200VE that tries three times to spin-up and then goes silent?).

Walter Pascual [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

A spreadsheet that, after the input of tennis matchs results, shows a tennis ranking, in the two ways ATP uses, Entry List and Champions career.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pi5m3Px7MbSjNOpyeqai4cg

Teodor Filimon [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

A document i use to keep track of all the tv shows i'm watching and all the movies i want to watch in the future

Eric Simmons [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Vestry meeting minutes for St Paul's Episcopal Church in Portsmouth RI

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Thank you letters after my birthday (dated 23rd July..... guessing I had a late one I did :P)

When I'm at college I use it as my main word processor.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

A work document

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I uploaded really really really really shamefully bad poetry from middle school ><

Canna [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

My own lyrics to the "I love the whole world" song from the Discovery Channel commercial :)

jdoree [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

An expense tracking spreadsheet edited via a web based form linked to the spreadsheet.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

A school project 2 minutes ago...

Leif902 [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Looks like it was my English 1102 Syllabus; that is, if you count clicking the "Load as Google Doc" button in Gmail...

Chris [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

A Product Review last night.

justin [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Google, give me more space for each doc!

jason [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

RFP for a medical practice.

Gareth Suddes [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

The spreadsheet of category totals on the Sony Reader ebook site
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pdVyxwOxYLFYsJRqqRtRcdQ
which figures out how many ebooks they currently have available.

http://ebookstore.sony.com/

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I use it day in, day out...

We've just completed the agenda of a meeting we have next week. In the spreadsheets, we are working on the finalisation of our database of members...

TheGuth [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I host a group blog with about a dozen other crazed exercise nuts. We have two embedded Google Presentations embedded in our sidebar. One is like a wiki-chalkboard that we post announcements and trashtalk to, the other is a sort of persistent photo gallery. I was playing around with both just last night.

Rob O. [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Several months ago, I started keeping drafts of future blog posts on Google Docs so I could access & add to them from a variety of locations. I rarely crunch through a blog post in a single setting or even from the same PC, so this is really handy. Anyway, I referenced one of my blog articles in progress just a day or so ago...

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Someone emailed me an MS-Word file, and Gmail offered to open it in Google Docs, so I thought "why not?".

It was faster than loading the file into OpenOffice.

Dale Kirby [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I use it every day. I've got my home page for the web in Google Docs. My novel in progress in there. (like Justin above I wish docs could be larger), my budget, my todo list. In fact I'm trying to shift everything to Google, although for special tasks I use MS Excel and Word.for their extra capabilities and capacities.

Kevin Fox [PersonRank 4]

15 years ago #

Wedding budget spreadsheet I share with my fiancée

imma [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

couple of days ago
spreadsheet for a mmorpg – ranged weaponry ideas

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Philipp's next question will be

What Was the Last Thread on Blogoscoped You Commented ?

Daniel Brinneman [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I keep a running list of Asian dramas and American films that I watch. Originally it was to know which ones I had watched and not rewatch old ones. Now I Iike to show it off to my Korean friends. I'm learning a third language, Korean. I prefer to watch the Korean dramas, it helps my study of the language.

http://dramas.danielbrinneman.com

[put at-character here]Teodor Filimon – why don't you do a spreadsheet instead of a document.

Rochi [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

A family list of everyones birthdays, email address and phone numbers

clarence griffin [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

My most recently edited document was a spreadsheet plotting our heating fuel use and cost for last winter. The final draft was a disturbing sight.

Andrew Miller [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I created a public spreadsheet to share the raw data for a blog post I wrote comparing SEO rank checking software results. Works like a charm.

James Duffield [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

my CV :D

Jenny Reiswig [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

An article I'm working on with a colleague. In our case it would be good if Docs had a feature that emailed us every other day and said "HELLO? would you please come back and work on your article some more? Slackers!"

deb [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I use a spreadsheet shared with my roommate to keep track of all shared expenses (and electricity/gas/cable bills under each of names). Whenever either of us buys toilet paper, dish washing soap, laundry detergent, etc., we put the cost down on the spreadsheet. It automatically keeps track of how much we owe each other. Every few months we reconcile the difference with a check.

hawkman [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

A bestman speech for my brother's wedding. I was able to open it directly via Google Docs on my smart phone and read it from there during the toast, but I ended up memorizing the short speech.

scjm [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

A spreadsheet i started making that had my earnings and expenses and whatnot. Last edited 29 June.

Anna [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Household expenses spreadsheet, shared with my flat mates.

K savai [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Whenever I need to share soemthing with anyone I use google document always. Its better than do it in normal word processor and mail them

Brian Mulligan [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

A procedure I'm developing for someone. They can access the latest version at any time, and when I release it, I only have to circulate the link.

Jerry Johnson [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Use it all the time, but the last was a wedding spreadsheet for my son's wedding.

BTW, the forms capability interfaced with the spreadsheet is pretty nice.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

It looks like weddings are a popular choice! :-)

Ray West [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

This morning I uploaded a spreadsheet of addresses to Mapalist.com and got a google map and an Earth file with my flags – Easy

Adam Dempsey [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

A changelog for some of my software (http://mooplug.com)

I work on it both at home and at work so having the changelog online makes it much easier to edit.

Elba [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Spreadsheeths with gadgets with statistics about our site's usage (regsitrations, content...)

Miguel [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

A school paper.

I do all of my school work on google docs. If unnecessary I will format it before printing on a computer at the university that has MS Office.

I am so prone to losing thing, google docs makes nit easy. As long as i have the internet i have all of my files.

Lynn David Newton [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

An outline for a research experiment in forensic computing.

Matt David [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I use Docs every day for articles I write and I use Google Forms to collect data in surveys.

Last Doc I used? About 20 minutes ago – an article on using Google Docs (kind of Zen).

Greg Hoke [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I keep track of my exercise and record wildlife I see along the way.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pKhrZrDVhRVmegEbP3rP3Fw&hl=en

Mike Riversdale [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Cost benefits of brining Google's Postini into a client :-)
(seemingly appropriate)

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Keeping track of web application bug list and development features.

Mark Stevens [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

The rough draft of an article about an old Commodore 64 game. For my forthcoming retrogaming blog.

Fernando Torre [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

My list of movies I want to see (with their release dates).

Jef [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Article I am writing for my website jackventurilaw.com
I plan to add a resources section with helpful info within a week or so.

Steve [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I wrote up a list of needed supplies for a trip to an electronic shop so that I could read them on my iPhone. I also uploaded schematics in .pdf format, which could also be read on my phone.

Seth Levy [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

A job application

Jon M [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Monthly personal budget spreadsheet (shared with wife) and a separate sheet holding account balances, recently linked together with the ImportRange() function.

JY [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

A survey.

David Jones [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Several letters that I have written to various New York state agencies. Google Docs has totally replaced Microsoft Works on and Microsoft Office on both my home and work computers.

Phil Defer [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

project tasklist spreadsheet.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I can't seem to open any of my Google Documents today (Spreadsheets and word documents) is anyone else having difficulty? I can see the full list of documents, but clicking on them doesn't generate the actual document.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Nevermind, must have been a hiccup with Firefox 3. I closed my browser and restarted it and the site works fine for me now.

Jill S Harris [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

The project management template we're using to arrange the awards banquet for our swim club

Ryan Bell [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

A spreadsheet I am using to track my progress against goals in an 18 week marathon training program.

suppositio.us [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

bank account/daily budget

just a moment ago

suppositio.us

Detroit Dan [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Notes on the Unix operating system...

Kenneth Lawson [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I do my blog post writing in docs and copy & paste it to Blogger when I'm done. Last one was about a week or so ago.. I also do most of my word processor work in Doc theses days.

kennethlawson.blogspot.com/

Rikki [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

A spreadsheet, of places I am mapping for the OpenStreetMap project.

Mahesh Ravva [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I use Google Document's Spreadsheet to save all my login account credentials

B [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I track my workouts and dietary habits.. it's got a chart and everything. that was my last document but i also have a daily expense thingy.

Ylde [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I upload all pdfs I know I'll want to read later... but as I'll probably not have my laptop with me, I prefer to put them in the cloud.

The last uploaded pdf was: China’s Economic Rise—Fact and Fiction, By Albert Keidel
http://www.carnegieendowment.org/publications/index.cfm?fa=view&id=20279

I have no idea if I can uploaded such docs as far as I don't share them, but Gdocs as my "read later library" is perfect for me!

Ruth P. [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I'm a grad student and I maintain my Lab Notebooks for all my projects in Google docs. So I use Google Docs almost everyday.

I think Google Docs has improved considerably over time, but i'm annoyed by the fact that you can't copy paste pictures straight off the clipboard. I'm being convinced by friends to switch to buzzword instead.

David T [PersonRank 7]

15 years ago #

A spreadsheet with my hours working for a particular customer (viewable by them). Last week.

Mike Hardin [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here] Mahesh Ravva

"I use Google Document's Spreadsheet to save all my login account credentials"

I love Google Docs, but for login account credentials I use Delicious.com (formerly del.icio.us). I just bookmark the login page, put my username and password in the notes field, and then check the "do not share" button so only I can see the info.

Sravana [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Like Ruth P, I'm a grad student and use it for notes, simulation results, and lightweight presentations.

trav [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

updated spreadsheet with latest online sales info

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!