Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Music Search in U.S.?

Nic Pfost [PersonRank 1]

Monday, August 18, 2008
11 years ago2,023 views

Somehow i ended up on the following:

google.com/musicsearch?q=iz

just typing: google.com/musicsearch doesn't work, you have to include some sort of query "?q=XXXX".

interesting that when you click on an artist, you can see their album history, photos of them (which actually just links to a Google images search of their name), and you can "discuss this artist".

but "discuss this artist" just takes you to a Google Groups search results with that artist as the query.

i guess at least they're trying to be social.

;-)

Nic Pfost [PersonRank 1]

11 years ago #

lh3.ggpht.com/pfostpfilms/SKjH ...

picasaweb.google.com/pfostpfil ...

is this new? or am i late to the party?

[Image embedded – Tony]

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

They've had music search for awhile. I don't know the exact date. I love the fact they have ways of buying digital music from multiple services. Services include (iTunes, Aol Music Now, Rhapsody, eMusic).

Using your example from above:
google.com/musicl?lid=8GeIB_U0 ...

One thing I don't understand though is why don't they have YouTube links associated with the Related web pages section? They could make it do a simple query of YouTube just like they did with the Google Groups example that you mentioned above. I really think it would be cool if Google bought a company like iLike.com so when you do an artist search in Google it could also allow you to play the track or artist you searched on.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!