Google Blogoscoped

Forum

VisitorVille 3D Video  (View post)

Adam [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, November 29, 2005
18 years ago

You know, that looks really neat and fun. But I am completely at a loss as to how this can provide Webmasters with better actionable data than they could get via StatCounter or Google Analytics.

I know, I'm such a wet rag. But anyway... :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

E.g. it can be for you if you like to hear the sound of your traffic (you can minimize it and listen to the site "in the background" without having to look at it, working on other things). Other than that the main idea is to better visualize large amounts of traffic, a more intuitive visualization I'd say. I'm undecided if I would prefer this to a Google Analytics approach... they both give me a different "feeling" for what's happening. I guess I want both :) VisitorVille is sort of like "Hey, there are 4 people browsing the forum right now, two from Spain...". This might give me a different idea, e.g. maybe it would give me the idea to create a chat room if I didn't have one already. Other than that, VV does have "normal" statistics like other programs too. And some of them even include very cool features – my favorite is the click analyzer. It will show your homepage in a browser and next to every link, there will be a small infobox reading "20%" or "4%" etc. showing the click-through rates.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!