Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Beta Live Messenger

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 17, 2008
15 years ago3,423 views

Microsoft released Windows Live Wave 3 beta including the new Messenger version 9. For the ones interested you can download it here: http://download.live.com/

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Thanks! :D

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I tell it to ONLY install messenger and Movie Maker... This is just another example of why I hardly use Microsoft products at home.
http://cheesemonger32.googlepages.com/AAAHHHHHH.png

Another thing with the installer, If they hadn't pre-checked the "Make Default Homepage" and Search Engine buttons I would be more likely to check the send statistics one.

15 years ago #

Strange, i didn't had that problems with the installer. I installed only Messenger en Movie Maker to, Messenger running fine until now and it looks good i think. I was suprised to see that it had installed Photo gallery to. I agree that the checked options is not a good thing. Also to remove messenger or another program is not very clear, i heard some complaints about it.

15 years ago #

ow by the way :-) you don't have to install Movie Maker, you will be dissapointed :-).

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I know. I chose to install Movie Maker :)

I guess the Photo Gallery is a requirement of it. They should have told you that before it installed (eg. Wouldn't let you uncheck the Photo Gallery)

I have no idea why the Outlook thing was installed though :(

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Well, i wanted to install one program ; Messenger.
But somehow, it also installed the Live toolbar for IE.
(after i've unchecked every program except Messenger..)

Oh well.. i'm not surprised. It's Microsoft. :P

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I was able to uncheck everything and nothing else installed. :/ maybe it has to do with your location? I doubt it

I really like the new messenger itself, but I don't really like the coveraation windows in it.

The green borders on the user images is ugly on black photo's and many others. Have it use the colous on the edge of the picture, much like the AmbiLight TV's

The bullet pointing of messages is unnessecary and is annouing for people who type messages in parts, hitting return frequently. Also it make's msn appear more business-y. When it is mainly used by youths.

Appart from that I like it.

15 years ago #

Photo Gallery maybe a requirement indeed. So i installed Movie Maker, it has 2 visual effects, possibilty for 1 soundtrack, only 1 export option to .wmv, 1 publishing option to Soapbox, and no timeline. Well further browsing the options, there aren't any.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!