Google Blogoscoped

Forum

More Google product problems - now YouTube

Dave Shaw [PersonRank 5]

Thursday, September 18, 2008
15 years ago2,613 views

Try a YouTube search, sort by 'view count' and select the parameter 'uploaded this week' or any period of time you like. YouTube seems to have problems combining search parameters because when I try this I get videos uploaded from a year ago.

http://bloggle.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wr1.png

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

It's true. I think YouTube could use an entire redesign. Am i the only one who thinks it's ugly and they just pile on new features without thinking the interface through? The video player itself sucks. The colors are ugly. It's just so not Google. Is anyone actually attached to YouTube the way it is?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Nope, 100% agree,
also, can there be 1 big product (maybe based around orkut, which also needs a redesign) that integrates all google's properties?

This could maybe, create a large social network, which intertwines orkut, youtube, facebook, gmail, hotmail etc.

Allow log in to all google services from any login, ie, log into youtube with a Yahoo ID

Make the Log-In procedure OpenSource also.

I can dream

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

<<also, can there be 1 big product (maybe based around orkut, which also needs a redesign) that integrates all google's properties?>>

Yeah, why does orkut still suck? Does google fail to see the potential? Look at how far facebook has come along. Now more of my friends use facebook chat than anything else!

<<Allow log in to all google services from any login, ie, log into youtube with a Yahoo ID

Make the Log-In procedure OpenSource also.>>

This would be OpenID which they support with blogger but that's it. I had hoped they would support OpenID completely. I hope they're still working on it.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!