Google Blogoscoped

Forum

My New Blog: ChoiceBlogger  (View post)

Bren [PersonRank 0]

Monday, December 5, 2005
18 years ago

That's pretty cool. My four year old is all about choices these days, "Hey dad, which do you choose: eat ice cream, or go for a bike ride?" His choices don't always make sense but they're always fun.

All the best on the new blog!

Randy Charles Morin [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

How do I vote for tampons?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Just email me your suggestions, Randy.

lramiez [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

How often during the month you'll blog about the chosen topic? :P

18 years ago #

Iramiez, I plan on 1-2 posts per day (e.g. 1 longer post, or two medium size posts), but this is highly dependent on the traffic and feedback... it could be more or less. The more people like the blog and visit it, the more I will blog. (I consider part of the thrill here that a high post frequency will force me to research many many things about a given topic, which in turn makes it a higher risk – with a higher reward.) In the beginning of course I will blog even without any traffic. I strongly hope to make this blog a success before my saved money runs out, or else I may have to start a full-time job again and then it will become much harder to maintain two blogs. It's a big experiment and I thought long and hard about starting this blog because it takes time to write it, but after 2 months of carrying around the idea and looking for a sponsor, the urge to just do it and write it was really overwhelming me even without a sponsor yet.

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I vote for a vote topic of The Benefits of Caffeine Consumption. I considered starting a website for this just to collect links, display some ads and fill a niche but I prolly won't get around to it.

Personman [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

I like the idea lots, but it seems to me like a month is a long time for a single topic, especially at two posts a day. If a vote is close and almost half your readers don't like the topic that wins, it seems like alienating them for a month is a bad idea (not that I don't like Napolean Dynamite as a topic!). Maybe two weeks would be better. Just my two cents, and I'll read it anyway even if it stays at a month, so whatever.

18 years ago #

Personman, I realize this could become a problem (alienating readers). I'll see how it goes and I hope to get something interesting out of any topic, but will keep this in the back of my mind when watching progress.

Brian, "Coffee" is on my potential choice candiates list now. :)

Kam [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Interesting.... a German likes Mee Koloq. Me too, I love mee koloq. Last weekend I went to Kuching and ate 2 bowls for brunch. Have you tried Laksa Sarawak?

18 years ago #

Kam, yes I have, I love Laksa!

18 years ago #

And, uhm, jalan jalan cari makan :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!