Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Get a Free BBS: The Documentary Movie  (View post)

Andy Couch [PersonRank 1]

Monday, December 5, 2005
18 years ago

AT&F&C1&D2S10=255

andy[put at-character here]cv.org

Personman [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Hey Phillip,
I'd love a copy of that movie... I've been reading (and occasionally posting) a lot over at raif (rec.arts.int.fiction) recently, and of course Get Lamp has come up... I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out, though I don't think I'm up to preordering it at this uncertain stage. It would be great to see Scott's other work, both to get an idea of what Get Lamp will be like and because as a fairly frequent user of BBSes it would be super cool to see exactly what four DVDs (or however huge it is) of documentary about them contain. My email is
jellvid*at*gmail.com.

lramirez [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I honestly haven't read much about this. I think bbs creators had a real thurst for innovation and that they were pretty clever and visionaries. From my point of view, they wanted to connect people and share information and worked really hard at it since the tools that we have today weren't back in those days. I remembered connecting to a couple back then in my high school days because a fellow student had one going. Now that I know of this, would like to know the complete story for inspiration. :)

Jonathan Vizcarra [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Look at all.

Read post.

Join contest.

Write Comment.

oooppsss... that's for Get Lamp. Anyway, I wasn't that privileged at the time to join BBSes. Specially living here in the Philippines. The most I can remember was the one time I was scanning thru the messages at 14.4kbps. It was a fight about two members and they were flaming each other. It was hard since responses would come hours later... I think that was the local PC Mag BBS.

jobert*at*gmail*dot*com

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

lramirez, please post your email too... no worries, it will be obfuscated here automatically...

lramirez [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

email: lramirez[put at-character here]gmail.com

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

As there are just 4 of you, I rolled a dice.
1. Andy Couch
2. Personman
3. lramirez
4. Jonathan Vizcarra

The dice showed "2", so Personman, congrats, I'll send you an email asking for your address.

lramirez [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Congrats Personman.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!