Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Now it's easier to delete accounts

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, September 27, 2008
15 years ago2,410 views

In the past, you couldn't delete your account from, well, within your account. Getting rid of a duplicate or test account required you to send in a formal request, and you were limited to deleting only profiles in your account. Now, you can delete an account with a click of a button in the "Edit Account and Data Sharing Settings" page. If you're the administrator of the account, and the account is not linked to any other Analytics or AdWords accounts, deleting your account is easy. (If you want to delete a linked Analytics account, please contact us.) Also, if you have many account administrators on your account, don't worry – they will receive an email notifying them of the account deletion. But they should let the other non-admin account users know that the account is deleted to avoid any confusion.

http://analytics.blogspot.com/2008/09/now-its-easier-to-delete-accounts.html

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I don't get it: I have some analytics accounts owned by friends, who shared them with me but without giving me administrative rights. I can't manage to delete those account by myself ("Edit Account and Data Sharing Settings" is only available for administrators).

This is very annoying (if not stupid). I should at least be able to clean my Google accounts and remove those that doesn't interest me. Why should someone else decide that for me? I really don't get it...

PS: did I miss something?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!