Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Search in embedded YouTube video's

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, October 25, 2008
9 years ago2,846 views

As far as i know this function is new, a searchbox in the embedded YouTube player. Screenshot below.

websonic.nl/nieuws/102008/imag ...

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

9 years ago #

[Moved from "YouTube Embeded Player With Search" ~hebbet]

Came across this today on an embeded YouTube Video. When It Finished, I was shown the usual, but with a YouTube search box at the top, as seen here:

bayimg.com/image/oaljfaabk.jpg

I thought it would look a lot more cluttered than it does, it actually works quite well, and removing the separator line and gradient between the video and where the Embed and URL codes are makes a world of difference to how the player looks overall.

When a search is performed, the results show up like the YouTube search "Grid" view, with the usual arrows at the side. Nice integration I think.

bayimg.com/image/oaljlaabk.jpg

Is this new? I haven't seen it before so I'm sorry if it isn't. now if only Google would relaunch YouTube...

[Imagefix ~ hebbet]

JayAre [PersonRank 1]

9 years ago #

Today I saw a strange variation I haven't been able to reproduce yet, a search box at the start of the movie:

blog.jayare.eu/wp-content/uplo ...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

9 years ago #

What's the URL of that video JayAre? I'm wondering if it's content which was in the actual movie itself, or added by YouTube.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!