Forum

Gmail Deletes Trash  (View post)

Rick Davies [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, December 8, 2005
18 years ago

I cant even access Gmail at present, all I am getting is
-------------
Server Error

Google Mail is temporarily unavailable. Cross your fingers and try again in a few minutes. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
------------
for the last hour!
Is this a local or global problem? Certainly a first in my experience.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

must be a local problem, I'm in the UK and it's working fine. try signing out of all google services and then back in.(dunno, it might work)

Amarelito [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I'm in Portugal and I have the same problem.. Although it is not the first time

win [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I'm not having login issues, but I did notice that a few pieces of spam managed to get to my inbox this morning for the first time in months. This happened on both my accounts....coincidence? I wonder...seems like they're definitely doing some things under the hood.

maja [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I dont have that problem in serbia

krylm [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

No problem in Czech Republic

Martin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I seem to remember they have always deleted your deleted items after 30 days.

Dave Metzener [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

No problems getting into Gmail, but my trash is still as full as it was yesterday. I even have a message in there from 6/24/04.

I usually go in about every 3 months and clean out the items that are more than 30 days old, just haven't done it in a while lately. :)

Louis Foy [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Not problem here in Quebec, Canada.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Would be nice if Gmail Team allowed users to specify when they want their Trash & Spam folders to be emptied. As a web developer myself, i don't think this small setting would be difficult for the team to add in less than 10 mins!

Btw, i just can't figure out why Gmail Team hesitates to add many of the features users would like to have for Gmail (ie. calendar, todo, planner, embedded google reader, plus more). Yes, i know new features = testing + efficiency use!

Bernard Lan Cheong Wah [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Just check my Trash Can, and yes they deleted all mails that are older than 30 days.

So, oldest mail in the Trash is now from 7 Nov.

SingerofChicks [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Google wants all content... old, new, worthless. Content is king, even if it is your trash.

Personman [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

I had the login problem for a while yesterday. However, my spam and trash folders still have everything they had before. Including, i just noticed, a spam from someone with the supposed last name 'disreputable' which is an.... interesting marketing strategy ;)

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

<i>Btw, i just can’t figure out why Gmail Team hesitates to add many of the features users would like to have for Gmail (ie. calendar, todo, planner, embedded google reader, plus more).</i>

Google just added 'web clips', a one line news thing above your inbox. These are RSS feeds for news... but they also show ads. It goes right above the main inbox (but can be turned off). I haven't been able to get any RSS feeds yet (the search doesn't seem to work in Safari), but I'm going to try now in Firefox.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!