Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Larry Page On Evaluating Projects  (View post)

Hashim Warren [PersonRank 4]

Thursday, October 30, 2008
15 years ago4,460 views

bunk!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

They should try to achieve this with more of Google's projects.

mrbene [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Define "world". Also, define "change".

Well. That's what I'd say. He's basically saying "I use my gut."

krist0ph3r [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]mrbene: well said. i think people attach such an aura to the google duo that anything they say is liable to be treated as gospel :)

Martyn P [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

"Everything everyone says or does changes the world, even if on a minute scale" – Martyn P

Five Underscores [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I like this metric. Few would argue whether Google's search engine changed the world. I can see why people might be cynical though... Other Google products have not had quite the same impact (yet). Personally, I would not be using web-based e-mail if Gmail hadn't revolutionized the field. Google's book scanning project has the potential to change the world as does their work on automatic language translation.

And consider the metric that most other company presidents would use: "Maximize profit." or "Increase shareholder value.".

Google does have to concern itself with making money, but how many companies put so much of their resources into developing new ideas AND THEN produce things that you wind up using on a daily basis?

_____

Arvi [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Yaa, i agree,

How many else having courage to ask so? anyhow google manage to be in business with their common products as far.......

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!