Google Blogoscoped

Forum

My Home Page [changing URL]

Raymond Cansdale [PersonRank 1]

Friday, October 31, 2008
15 years ago3,264 views

I once had google as my home page but after a few months decided to use another URL as my home page. BUT since I had this as my home page, there is NO WAY that google will allow me to use any other as a home page. I have done everything necessary ro remedy this problem. What are your recomendations. Google not controls my start up home page. Google has litterly taken over full control of my Start up page without my written permission. This sure seems communistic to me. Does anyone have a solution thgat I have not tried?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

<<This sure seems communistic to me.>>

Do you live in America by any chance?

Zim [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

does RTFM apply?!
Chech again buddy, you are doing something wrong.
And if you are sure about what you're doing, then check your hosts file, or run a program like spybot to see if your browser is being hijacked.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Which Browser and Operating System are you running?

Do you have the Google Toolbar installed?

Raymond Cansdale [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

I am running Internet Explorer and Windows XP. I know enough about computers to know basically correct any problems I have had., I have had technicions try to correct my problems. Google has complete control of my browser everytime I reboot. I guess no one here knows anything and it is definate Google does not read our complaints.

Steve B. [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Check all your softwares. All. Many of them ask if you want to make a particular web page your homepage, and will check it when you start your computer. I'm sure you decided that before (Picasa? Google Earth? Google Update? Google Toolbar? Google Gears? But even other softwares and tools). Also check your Internet Options in the Control Panel: you can choose your default start page here, too! There are so many possibility and they all depends on you, not Google (except you can prove something).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!