Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Eric Schmidt, Obama's Economic Adviser  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Friday, November 7, 2008
15 years ago4,848 views

"US President-elect Barack Obama has appointed a 17-member high-level team of advisers including billionaire investor Warren Buffett and Google Chief Executive Eric Schmidt to guide him in channelising the economy, a media report says. "

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200811071774.htm

Above 1 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

PierreS [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

And the pb is that Obama has pledged not to include advisors who may have worked in the field less than 2 yrs before.
He's kind of shooting himself in the feet by refusing some talents.
Stricto sensu, Schmidt would not have the right to give advice on tech matters

Look S [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

This is BS! Change was just a made up word...

Jonathan Nelson [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

amazing. i predicted this on 11/5 via twitter.

http://zi.ma/eric-and-obama

Ampers Taylor [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

And didn't Ron Paul harness the Internet first? And didn't he tht a world first in the highest donations over the Internet in 24 hours?

Rich [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Howard Dean and Ron Paul weren't elected President, so no, they weren't first.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Rich, Eric Schmidt does not say anything about him being the first *elect President* to use the internet in such ways, he talks about him being the first to use this in a campaign *on a national level* (two years ago, according to Eric's account, when obviously Obama wasn't elect President)... just as Howard Dean and Ron Paul did.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

<<Google Inc Chief Executive Eric Schmidt said Friday he would not serve as technology czar in Barack Obama's administration if he was asked.

"I love working at Google and I'm very happy to stay at Google, so the answer is no," Schmidt said in response to a question from CNBC host Jim Cramer in an appearance on his television show.>>
http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSTRE4A70AA20081108

Robert J [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Obama + Schmidt = Big Brother

googlefan [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

one thing i dont like about the usage of the internet for political campaigning is the tendency for "swarms" to overwhelm certain sites and to turn off folks that dont agree with the postings.

such as the outbreak of "Ron Paul" posts on Reddit, or the instant downmodding of anything anti-Obama on both Digg and Reddit.

this is all well and good if you support a certain candidate – such as Paul or Obama – but it has an almost totalitarian effect of crowding out alternative viewpoints.,

there is room for a 100 per cent political news story reddit/digg style site – if the algorithm was clever enough.. as clever as anti-spam measures, but this time , looking for political bias.

(so if nothing but Ron Paul is on the front page, something is VERY wrong with the algorithm)

to be honest – i gave up on visiting reddit.com during the election because it became so overwhelmingly pro-Obama that it became not a news site – but more of a shrill propaganda outlet, full of exclamation marks about how evil Bush was, and how McCain eats your babies before breakfast.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!