Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Top 5 sources of Blogoscoped changed?

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
15 years ago3,066 views

It appears that people on Top sources list (talking about the Top 5)
http://blogoscoped.com/credits/
is changed recently or...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Juha-Matti, that list is automatically generated based on the "via" credits used in posts. There are two lists on that page: the top one for recent times, and the bottom one for all-time credits...

PierreS [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Strange, it doesn't seem to detect the tips I'm credited for :-S
Either with Pierre S or PierreS (I'm hoping to have PR 10 on both ^^)

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp:
Thanks for sharing this!
And related to member's posts (i.e. not submissions, only the forum posts):
When two users have ~194 posts both, for example, what is the mechanism to give them a ranking value (it's not always an alphapetical order)?

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp, Does that work when you write Hat Tip to .... ?

And if it does work with that, what happens when you only list a first name, "Hat tip to Tony" when it was Tony Ruscoe?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Colin, it does work with "Hat tip" and "Tony" counts towards "Tony Ruscoe" ("Colin C." also counts towards your name btw :)). It's somewhat flexible but also fuzzy enough to have errors of course, because there may be a Tony who's not Tony Ruscoe. It also can't deal with every type of credit given in posts, but I guess the main point is that it deals with some of the styles and those that it won't deal with are hopefully distributed averagely in many cases... so that even if it doesn't handle everything, the overall list order is kind of approximately OK...

But please don't think of these lists as the "ultimate precide" order or anything. It's just meant as a rough indicator...
The same for the member ranking, it's just very rough... :)

15 years ago #

And probably the number of posts by a member is being updated once a day?

15 years ago #

Now on Tuesday 25th Nov it appears that the numbers are being updated when compared to Monday's numbers.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!