Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Yahoo Buys Del.icio.us  (View post)

Scott [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, December 10, 2005
18 years ago

It's del.icio.us and not Del.icio.us. There's a difference.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have a certain spelling throughout all my posts to have a standard here and not "switch" spelling too much when it comes to case or punctuation. So even if Corel decides to name their product CorelDRAW, I would likely mention it as "Corel Draw". You will notice not only did I "rename" Del.icio.us in that post, I also renamed "Yahoo!" to "Yahoo", and "digg" to "Digg". This way I hope the posts are easier to read. On the same note, Del.icio.us reserves this right on their site when they spell "China" and many other words lower-case, e.g. "china", which strictly speaking is incorrect... but it's Del.ico.us' right to do so to have a certain standard throughout the site.

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Unfortunately, 90% of time, I get the same experiences on Digg and Slashdot. It's hard to be apart of such a harsh community. Possibly, the only way to move away from this type of culture is if the posters were able to take more ownership of their comments and feelings, like on their website.. One way to do that would be make a decentralized Digg or Slashdots that linked to posts but that sounds like the Blogosphere. The only problem is that I find that most top blogable stories come from Slashdot and Digg. It seems there's a symbiotic relationship between sites like Digg and Slashdot and the Blogosphere.. Del.icio.us, in a way, bypasses Slashdot and Digg.. I'm glad Yahoo bought Del.icio.us, but it seems similar to MyWeb 2.0.

Hanan Cohen [PersonRank 7]

18 years ago #

I never digged del.icio.us but when I found about RawSugar I knew this is a good service for me.

Try searching from the home page http://rawsugar.com/search/ or see my page there http://rawsugar.com/links/HananCohen

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!