Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Increased Ad Font Size  (View post)

seobuzzbox.com [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, December 10, 2005
18 years ago

Yep, they are doing what most people who optimize adsense have been doing all along "blending". My worry is that it will decrease traffic to organic if I am understanding this correctly.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I guess it will decrease (every click on an AdWords is one click less on an organic result, unless of course the site which advertised didn't satisfy the searcher), but not in any dramatic amount, I don't think so... I rarely click on AdWords anyway, I wonder what are the reasons we click on them? For what kind of searches?

Jason Carr [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

In my experience, the highest consistent click-throughs come when a well known company bids on it's own brand name. You know, the classic "Brand X – Official Site".

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I seem to remember a popular example at one time was [flowers]

Simon [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Jason: that stupidity never ceases to amaze me, why would they even consider a paid result when they're already on top of the organic list? I just keep clicking them anyway, just to waste their money for being so stupid...

Nick Douglas [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

They'd buy an ad to push down the ads their competitors bought. Nike doesn't want Reebok's ad to get clicked from a search for [Nike].

AN [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

My AdSense income was twice the usual amount over the last couple of days. Page impressions remained the same. Can larger ads really be the reason? I've only been part of AdSense for about six weeks, so I don't know what changes to expect over longer periods of time.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

AN, this was just the AdWords font size they increased, not AdSense as far as I know...

Hatem [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

I have already emailed google last year about fonts and the possibility to change it, its not yet time but still interesting feature to have or to try :)

vinaysista [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

How do i change the font size in the google search page. All of a sudden it has increased the size of the font. Please help me out.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!