Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Yahoo Mail Beta Screenshot  (View post)

Adam [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, December 11, 2005
18 years ago

It doesn't have a conversation view, which – IMHO – is a killer blow against it. The drag-and-drop interface is nifty and occasionally handy, however, and the Y! folks have said that a "conversation view" is towards the top of future enhancements.

Brock [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Well, looks like Yahoo! has no chance of winning me away from Gmail any time soon ...

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Been using Y Mail for 8 years, we use their DSL service. Where's MY Beta?

Siggyboss [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Will they now allow you to forward e-mails automatically?

Alberto [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Gmail of course does quote the previous emails in a conversation. It just doesn't display the quoted text while in conversation view.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Alberto, usually it's good style to quote only relevant parts, and not to include the full quote at the bottom – at least in newsgroups. But with Gmail, neither quoting style is necessary anymore really. Effectively it makes you get rid of all quotations and get into a sort of "chat" mode. And even if you leave the full quote in Gmail because it's not visible anyway that changes people's quoting styles... and it kind of makes it worse for everyone not using Gmail, because they may not have such a nice "hide quote" feature.

Brian [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

This site has a link to request to try out Yahoo Mail Beta:
http://whatsnew.mail.yahoo.com/

However, it states it is for US residents only.

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Man, I just tried Yahoo! Mail and it is /atrocious/. Really really terrible. The interface is so cluttered and clunky. It's less `interface' and more `in your face'.

dxOne [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

rss reader bulid in. that +1 for Y!M.

RyanB [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I think that this will be a nice change I to was an avid yahoo mail user but Gmail has won me over for now.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!