Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Color Soup, a Collaborative Mosaic  (View post)

Alex Ksikes [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, November 22, 2008
15 years ago4,066 views

A glimpse at the future of the web..

mathiepe [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I love it, but damn, the fish is gone allright... :(

Freiddie [PersonRank 7]

15 years ago #

I love the idea. Does someone speak German? I can't read what is saying.

Waldir [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

with a lot of effort, I managed to bring the crowd into drawing this http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5601/pic123tmpad7.jpg , but then they simply destroyed what they had helped build moments before... the curious thing was that they would use pixels to write random stuff, but instead of dragging them from large areas with a lot of them like the hat where their loss wouldn't be much noted, they went precisely for those sensitive spots (eyes, mouth...) that gave the drawing expressivity... as if they were motivated by destruction itself.

Freiddie [PersonRank 7]

15 years ago #

This is a nice way to do a psychology experiment.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

> they went precisely for those sensitive spots (eyes, mouth...)
> that gave the drawing expressivity

[put at-character here]Waldir: I don't think this is motivated by destruction. It's just where people's eyes are naturally drawn to.

A couple of years ago, Philipp posted some pictures on this site and asked us to click "anywhere". The clicks were always concentrated around the "sensitive" spots.

Knut [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Something similar in this regard: http://www.stylst.de – also a collaborative art project – with another approach.

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

2ce now I have spent 10-20 minutes working on something only to have someone come in and rip it to shreds as I am still working on it... the destructive portions are far more powerful than the creative ones.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!